Friday, May 27, 2011

This is Why I Can't Sleep...

I jolted awake and looked around, panic pulsing through my veins. I heard a noise and jumped up, spinning around. I didn't see the source of the noise, I couldn't see anything really. I stumbled along blindly, hoping to find a light switch, or something. 
The faintest of noises sounded behind me and I swirled around, "Hello?" I choked out, my voice sounded small and choked. There was no response and I stepped forward. I gave a cry as I felt something wrap around my ankle and drag me down. "Help!" Came my muffled plea. Again, no response.
I lay completely still on the ground. Afraid that if I moved, whatever grabbed me would get me again. Very slowly, I reached my hand into my pants pocket, looking for my cellphone. It was there and I flipped it open. No service. I cursed quietly and used the phone as a flashlight.
I was in a small room. I didn't see any windows or doors, just empty walls. I stood hesitantly and shown the light all around, I was alone in the room. Or so I thought.
An invisible force knocked me onto the ground and rested on top of me, crushing the air out of me. I tried to scream but the thing was covering my mouth, muffling my cries. I kicked and hit at the thing but to no avail, I was trapped. Finally I lost consciousness from lack of air.
When I awoke, the room was considerably brighter and I was standing. I looked in front of me. What I assumed was the Thing that was sitting on me, turned out to be a man in a dark cloak holding a bloody dagger. With an awful realization, I looked down. There was a huge blood stain on my shirt. Panicking, I pulled my shirt up. There was a large gash in my stomach with blood pouring out of it. I collapsed onto the ground and looked up at the figure. "I'm sorry..." He whispered.

1 comment: